Basic Medical Kit:
Before we go further Yes I am a Medical Doctor and I’m not going to teach you to remove bullets. What I can and will do is show you how to build a basic medical kit.
First of all, I want to say that everyone who is prepping should take a basic first aid class. You can find them at your local Red Cross or community college. In addition to any basic first aid classes, I would recommend taking an advanced class. Therefore with that said let us get down to the business.
The Medical Bag:
First, you will need something to carry your supplies in. So you will need to find a bag that will hold all of the items listed. This is the one I like and have recommend to friends and family Tactical MOLLE EMT Medical First Aid Pouch
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- First aid instruction booklet
In addition to you may also want to add the following Items:
blanket (space blanket)
Also, include a dental kit
Finally, Include any personal items such as medications and emergency phone numbers or other items your health-care provider may suggest.
Check the kit regularly.
Make sure the flashlight batteries work.
We probably should have batteries on the list also.
Check expiration dates and replace any used or out-of-date contents.
And in conclusion, You could have found most if not all of this information with a google search I just thought to save you time and energy.
And make sure you take a basic first aid class this will probably be the most important item in your Basic Medical Kit.
Before I close remember if you have questions you can contact me here at preponadime.com